14 June 2012

a new plane, a new job

in april, we got a brand new type of aircraft.  it's bigger, it's beautiful, and i couldn't wait to finally work on it.  in addition to the gorgeous lighting, the comfortable interior, bigger overhead compartments, and an additional flight attendant, we would be serving from carts in the aisle (instead of a plastic, decal-ed tray)!

boeing sky interior
galley with carts!!
i was going to finally feel like a real flight attendant!!

i finally got my first chance to work on this amazing aircraft at the beginning of may.  my first experience was with one of my besties and we had a great trip.  i had the pleasure of flying on it the following two days, as well.


after experiencing three great days on this aircraft i spoke with my base manager about how much i enjoyed it and how i would like to share my excitement with my fellow co-workers by training on this plane for the next couple of months.  he was happy to hear my great experiences and sent my name along to headquarters to be part of the training team.  i was quickly contacted by the head of the team and put on the committee to join flight attendants on their trips on our newest aircraft.

the beautiful sky interior at night
 i have now spent a majority of my trips working on this plane, assisting other flight attendants with the newest service procedures.  i absolutely love it and don't ever want to work on another plane!  (unfortunately that won't be possible forever, but until then i will enjoy my time on the 737-800!)

photos courtesy of @tuck737

1 comment:

teresa-bug said...

I often forget how much of a flying geek you are! I am glad you are happy though.

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity